Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Privacy?

I was cold and decided to take my book and have a bath. David was on the computer, the kids were watching a movie, so I made my move. I turned the water off, reached for my book, and heard tap, tap, tap. "Momma, are you in there?"
"Yes, Chase."
"Can I come in?"
"I'm in the tub."
"I don't care, I want to talk."
"No, I'm taking a break, okay?"
"Momma!"
"Yes, Ryan?"
"Read my Thomas book!"
"Not right now. I'm in the tub."
"You get out!"
"Here, Momma, can you read this from there?" Chase slides a book under the door.
"Chase, where is Daddy?"
"He's on the computer."
"Why don't you ask him to talk or read to you?"
"Because I want you to."
"Momma! Come out! Read Thomas!"
I got a ten minute bath, just enough to warm up. Ain't it fun being a mom?

3 comments:

Carie Beard said...

I love it! I have sooo been there.

Cyndee Bodily said...

Oh my word - I guess that is when we go for a bath after they are in bed!!
It was fun seeing you last week!

Becky said...

Awwww this is great!!! I am surprised you didnt read the Thomas book and then send him on his way! *LOL* They have little beacons that go off--didnt you know this? They can tell when you have shut the bathroom door AND when you have picked up the telephone!